Friday, November 16, 2012

EU Trooper 01


EU?  Expanded Universe.

So, the Death Star II got blown up...now what?  This guy is NOT going to get picked up any time soon, so he's going Native.  On Tatooine of course, since it's the only important planet in the galaxy.

I've been pretty busy lately, so I'm going to post this in parts, just like the old days.  It's time to push the style one step further.  I think it culminated in the Cap piece, well enough that it's what I use for paid work now, comic covers, etc., but this blog is all about pushing myself.

I can get something comprehensive done quickly now, but it's time to add another finished layer to these pieces, and see what I can come up with.  I need to push my lighting, and experiment with different brushes.

So I started 2012 with goals of working on painterly styles, and more environment work.  Now it's time to push it to the next level, and this will be the transition piece to take me into 2013.

No comments: