Friday, June 22, 2012

Gotham Control Program


I see these ironic pop culture T-Shirt mash-ups all the time, so I thought I'd try my hand at it.  I never really ever have good ideas that last, usually I just end up focusing on one theme and work it out, dropping the mash-up, but this one came to me really fast.

How fast?

I was watching Tron : Uprising, and during the commercial I was flipping through the guide and saw Dark Knight Rises was going to be on.  Boom, that fast.

The Sentinal type pose also arrived pretty quickly, as it's a fairly classic look for ol' Bats - but the symbol was fun to work out, taking a bit of time reducing it down to the bare minimum of geometric shapes, to read both Tron-verse, and clearly represent the bat signal.  I surprised myself to discover that it was that the most simple of concepts - three triangles - was all it took.

And for a further challenge, I did it in six colors.

So watch yourselves, Programs...

No comments: