Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Vader. 01

So I've been doing some Star Wars lately.  And I've been wanting to do a Vader, and there's a (I think) Mondo print out there of Luke falling off the outcropping after Vader chops off his hand in Bespin, and it's a shot from below the scene, and I thought that was an awesome idea, to see such a familiar scene from such a different angle.  So I decided to theme this out as after Vader cuts down Kenobi, the point of view being as the robes fall away as Vader looks down in astonishment, but before he kicks around Ben's robes trying to figure out what the heck happened.


So I forgot to save my pencils again, but here's the almost complete inked version of those pencils, but with the robes starting to get the initial rendering.  The hip armor and the neck of the helmet also have the first gradient pass, but other than that, that's pretty much the penciled version.


And now here is the grayscale render, primarily mid to dark tones.  Because Vader is made up of polished armor and leather in all blacks, I needed to take a different approach with the light tones and highlights...

2 comments:

KJ said...

So sick! Your last 2 posts have been BA! Keep it up, D4L!

Anonymous said...

Love this stuff!