Thursday, October 8, 2009

TF1 - Truck Drone 01

The origins of the truck drone, AKA Dropkick. After making a good impression with Hasbro with the car drone, they said we could do more, and initially we were just going to do three. The car would be the middle range guy, and we needed something smaller and something bigger. The bigger was decided to be a pickup truck. Something that didn't compete with the Ironhide design as a vehicle, and something stood a little bigger as a robot.


I guess the one on the end was selected, but I had to drop out the tuck bed stuff - I can't really remember why at this point, but I think people responded to the pose more than anything else. Looking back, I think it would have made more sense to put the middle idea from above into this pose - make him a lot bigger, or at least the impression of size.

Again, a bit of character, having him be able to combine his arms into a gun - I didn't know ol' Megs was going to do that in the movie just yet...

No comments: