Tuesday, October 13, 2009

TF1 - Forklift Drone 02


Ah, my little forklift guy. This is my fave of the first game, he just kind of cracks me up. He's a little badass, rough and tumble kinda scrapper. The vehicle mode is a combo of two real forklifts, and I was really starting to figure out the mechanics of designing transformers by this point. He's also one of the pre-movie designs I did that can actually stand aside the movie characters without too much of a design discrepancy.


Even though it seemed more difficult to work with so little mass, it actually made things easier as I got to work - to keep as many vehicle cues as I could, that left not much other mass to work with, so he came in more streamlined in the end. I'm a little disappointed he didn't retain the potbelly look by the time he got into the game, but that's on me for not pushing it enough in the 3/4 profile view.


Meet Dirt Boss! I was a little sad his color isn't right, but since it's Constructicon Green, I can't complain too much! This guy wasn't released for the first movie's toyline, but he came in the first wave of the Revenge of the Fallen toyline. He's pretty great, favorite fig of all the first game guys, too...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the concept pictures. Me and a friend needed some reference pictures, as we will soon repaint Dirt Boss into the forklift drones.